HTML Tutorial for beginners – Learn HTML to develop your basic website as well as the high-end website in simple and very easy steps starting from its overview, basic tags, meta tags, and much more… I like to share my own experience of my web designing career to guide you all the web design strategies I know from my experience and my research.
What is HTML?
- HTML stands for Hyper Text Markup Language. It is mainly used for creating the web pages for your website.
- HTML is one of the standard markup languages to create web pages.
- HTML elements are represented in the form of tags.
- HTML is not a programming language, most of the beginners think. HTML is a programming language. It’s completely wrong. It’s the markup language.
- Main Important point is “HTML describes the structure of the web pages using markup“
- Some of the Most common tags used in HTML web pages are “heading” “paragraph” “title” “h1 to h6 tags” and much more…
Simple HTML Program Example:
<h1>My First Heading</h1>
<p>My first paragraph.</p>
The above HTML example shows the basic structure of HTML web pages, Its is a standard format to create any pages in HTML.
Explanation of Example HTML Program:
<!DOCTYPE html> is described the documentation type of your HTML page. This tag defines as the document type as HTML5
<html> The element is the root element of an HTML page of your website
<head> The element contains meta information about the document
<body> The element contains the visible page content. its the main important part of your HTML web page
H1 tag is mainly used for display the text in the header size (difference in font size). H1 tag is starts from opening tag <h1> and ends with the closing tag </h1>
P tag is mainly used for the paragraph. P tag also starts from opening tag <p> and ends with the closing tag </p>
I hope you understand the basic intro knowledge about What is HTML and It’s main use with an example program.
In the starting of the First lesson: I would like to teach about What are the softwares needed to create simple HTML webpage. Stay tuned to Join Our HTML Tutorial Section. We will meet you on next lesson.